S-Titanium range of printers
Aurora Labs’ 3D metal printers use revolutionary technology and design. The benefits are:
- Patent-pending multi-metal printing
- Excellent accuracy and repeatability
- Largest range of materials that can be printed
- Can operate in three different modes SLM, SLS and DED
- Three independently controllable powder hoppers allow on the fly alloying and pseudo-alloying in DED mode.
Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) builds up parts from 3D CAD models by sintering the metal powder (heating to below its melting point) layer by layer. This process usually requires heat treatment depending on the part application.
Selective Laser Melting (SLM) builds up parts from 3D CAD models by fully melting the metal powder layer by layer.
Directed Energy Deposition (DED) builds up parts from 3D CAD models by injecting powder directly into the path of the energy beam layer by layer.